Tuesday, June 13

Fade In, Fade Out... and Away

I’m not feeling myself, as if I were in a sleepy daze on a Saturday morning. I’m finding myself much more content to stay in and watch football than type up a blog entry. I’m more interested in finishing up watching Season Three of “24” than I am getting in touch with friends. At work, I find myself seeking the next international news story rather developing my own stories here at work.

What happened to my motivation? Did it leave with Emily two weeks ago? Am I content to just cruise through this last month and half? Am I so sluggish because of lack of inspiration, or hope, or just wanting the future now?

Lord, revive me! Revive my soul! Let me wallow not in pits of emptiness, but be filled by your grace and wisdom. Let me not fade out of compassion for those with me now, nor fade away from consciously engaging the experience before me.

No comments: