Wednesday, June 28

Final Retreat in the Mara

This week the other YAVs and I had our final retreat at Keekoroch Lodge in the Masai Mara. It was a relaxing time, as we caught up on our activities, read a few books, welcomed Phyllis back to Kenya after a four-month "missionary tour," and enjoyed the sights and sounds of the Mara wildlife.

The lodge had a safari walk where there were plenty of monkeys and hippos to see. The monkeys even invaded the non-fenced camp and went into my room while I was taking a shower... when I emerged dripping wet and towel-girded, I found Andrea being chased around by a monkey. The two of us were able to reclaim our territory and kick the rest of them out. Apparently they wanted my watermelon but were unsuccessful. I think Andrea was somewhat traumatized by the whole episode, yet I still remain a die-hard monkey fan. Lemurs are still the best, though, but I'll have to visit Madagascar to see them in the wild.


Zebra at Sunrise


Hippo Yawn


Lions on the Lookout
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: