Saturday, May 20

Football Tournament

Today Emily and I went to a soccer tournament, organized by some of my friends, David and Julius. Their idea was to get a trophy and balls and host a tournament with some local schools. Each school would have a team compete for the trophy, winning some balls and some pride in the process. Hopefully events like this would keep kids coming to school and interested in furthering their education (let alone sports ability). With some money given to me by a few friends in the US, I paid for the trophy and balls. It turned out to be a tremendous success and Emily and I thoroughly enjoyed being with the kids on this day of celebration.



Some of the Soccer Fans & Players


A Happy Mzungu Couple


Emily Gets Her Groove On


Trophy Presentation:
Myself, Julius, and the winning captains

No comments: