Wednesday, February 8

Uganda Pics: FDNC

On the otherside of Mt. Elgon, on the border of Kenya and Uganda, is a town called Mbale. It is there where I spent my short time in Uganda (two nights). Our partner organization, FDNC (Foundation for Development of Needy Communities) is doing some wonderful work there. They focus in three broad areas: community-based health care in 32 local villages, vocational training in things from computing to carpentry, and income-generating activities like goat-rearing and brick manufacturing. They received a generous grant from the Japanese Government to expand their training center, which is a huge resource for teaching and training. They focus especially on the girl-child, many of whom are the head of household as their parents have succumbed to AIDS. I could go on and write more, but I haven’t the time and will anyway as I put together our 2005 Newsletter- due Friday! To find out more, visit their website: www.fdncuganda.org.

A Gift


A Home


A School


A Meal


A Future



Click here for more pictures from my trip to Uganda.

No comments: