Sunday, November 6

All of Us Can Help TODAY

Today CWSEA welcomed a group of fundraisers and supporters of CWS in the United States. I enjoyed meeting all of our guests, including the regional head of my home area of Wilmington, Delaware. Their first day in Kenya reminded me of my experience two months ago. Fielding some of their questions made me realize just how much I had learned and grown accustomed to in just two months! For instance, I barely looked at the Maasai wares for sell or so much as bat and eyelid when being served crocodile.

I'm very thankful to meet the people working on the otherside of our program. It isn't every day that the donors get to meet with the people in the field. This week we will be extending the priviledge, taking this group to various project sites around Kenya. I look forward to updating you on our trip next week.

In the meantime, there is great need for earthquake relief as winter comes in the Kashmir region. Thousands more will die unless we provide desperately-needed supplies. I have been convicted lately of how much money I spend on myself versus others. I encourage all of you to follow this link for Earthquake Relief to find out more about how you can help. Please be praying for these people and the rescue efforts being made on their behalf.

To steal a motto of CWS:

Today we can help.
Today we can join others.
Today will make all the difference.

No comments: