Saturday, August 6

Prayer Requests

- Health: It's hard for me to admit this, but I've been under the weather off and on this past week or so. For most of my time here I've had great health, and I'd hate for these last few weeks in Kenya to be marred by poor health. Prayers that God would continue to protect me and the other volunteers, as well as those unfortunate to have healthcare.

- Emily's Visit: Thank you for the prayers! Emily and I had a briefly challenging, then largely wonderful time together as we were quickly "reacquainted" to each other. I'm so thankful to have such an incredible woman in my life, and am especially grateful & blessed to have her come visit me here in Africa.

- Transition: Already I am thinking about returning home, and I still have a couple months left! The pressures, anxieties and excitement of returning to the Charlotte area and finding a job, car, apt, etc. are overwhelming and yet also a strong temptation to distract me from my time here. May I continually engage in the present, leaving the future in God's hands rather than allowing worries to cloud my mind.

- Continued Fellowship: I have been blessed with growing friendships with Kenyans and other volunteers alike. I wonder what is to become of these relationships. What will they look like in a month? In a year? I trust in God, in the loving bond that binds us together as humans and as friends, knowing that nothing can sever us from this all-encompassing love.

Thank you for your prayers. If you are praying for me specifically, I would love to know as verbal encouragement. And please let me know if I can be praying for you.

Clinging closely to the power of prayer,
Evans

Last updated: 6/26/06

No comments: