Monday, March 6

Carrying on the Tradition

Before there was me, there was Ryan Pappan. He was the volunteer before me placed at Church World Service, East Africa Regional Office. Presently, Ryan is studying at Austin Seminary, my mother's alma mater, in the great state of Texas (perhaps TOO great for its own good). Ryan is the second Kenyan volunteer to go to Austin Seminary, and the volunteer before him, Page Stephan, is at McCormick in Chicago. I plan to continue the tradition but on the West Coast. San Franscico Theological Seminary has admitted me for Fall 2007. I plan to spend the year in between [my return (July 27th) and entering seminary August 2007] working in Davidson, NC. We'll see if God agrees.

As a way of honoring my predecessor, I took some old photos Ryan snapped and did a little doctorin' up for the finished product found below.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that last one especially gave me chills.