Thursday, March 16

Kikuyu 4-Square


Today I returned to the Wee School in Kikuyu, where my family volunteered over Christmas. It was good to return and see a lot of familiar faces. After a failed attempt to lead songs on guitar, I taught the kids how to play 4-square.


It was a fun day and I'm hoping to return next month and possibly in May when Emily visits. My two friends and instructors of the school, Julius (pictured above in background) and David, suggested getting trophies for the kids so that they could invite other schools for a tournament. I plan to buy two trophies, one for the gals and one for the boys, in hopes that we will promote not only sports but also kids staying in school to learn.


I also visited some friends, David and Sarah, who run a bakery shop dubbed "Splints" (a nickname of Sarah's) in Kikuyu.



All too cute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, Evans!

Anonymous said...

ohh i miss them all.

Emily said...

how did i miss this entry before?! i agree with ali. the pictures are precious...especially the one with you in the background....;o) jk (kinda)