Tuesday, March 28

South Africa


South Africa was... incredible. I enjoyed taking a mid-year break to drive in and around Cape Town on wonderfully smooth roads. From bumming on the beach to jumping off bridges, canoeing in tranquil lagoons and hiking to pristine waterfalls, I had a relaxing yet adventuresome time. Although I wasn't able to try out kiteboarding, I admired from a distance and dreamed of trying it out someday. There was also the succulent wines in the vineyards north of Cape Town, the penguins of the cape, the ridiculous mountain or ocean backdrop wherever you looked, and some very real history at Robben Island and the Bo Kaap. Returning from this jewel is like tasting the first goodnight kiss from a girlfriend, and I long to return to explore this country more in-depth. Until then, I have fond memories to kindle what dreams may come.

Below are a few pictures... you can see them all here.


Will and I arrive.


Walking along the shore at Sea Point, Cape Town.


A stunning view of the Cape's harbor on a hike around Devil's Peak.


Will and Gretchen with Hout Bay as backdrop.

No comments: