Wednesday, March 8

One Year of "Dating"

Emily and I 'celebrated' one year of 'dating' today, with a free video-phone call courtesy of our best friend Skype. The long-distance thing has been a beautiful challenge, and one of the defining characteristics of my year in Africa. I cannot even begin to calculate the value of having such a caring friend with whom to share my experience, as well as providing a connection back to my life in the States. I'm thankful to have such a woman in my life.

For further embarrassment, I dug up this photo from a friend of hers when she was in Guatemala. Apparently we both have an interest in babies on their mothers' backs, but I have yet to try one on. I don't think I'd fair much better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

poor kid. or poor emily... one of those...i can't decide.. :P