Sunday, December 4

Atman Mujahid

I met a local counselor named Atman Mutajid through my work. A Muslim originally from the coast, Atman invited me to spend the day with his family. We went to a local zoo, a school where he serves as the interim principal, his house and a local sports club. His four children accompanied us: Atman (an adopted nephew), Osama, Lukman and Raina. A very interesting man, he introduced me to coastal food, spoke of his experience of seven years living in Nigeria, refreshed my memory of Islamic history and showed me great hospitality. He even invited me to the coast for a wedding next weekend. Friends such as these are a true blessing from God (Allah). I continue to be blown away by the people God places in my life, and me in theirs.

The pictures below are the handiwork of his children, who were fascinated and eager to play with my camera.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwww! that's adorable.