Friday, December 16

Work Closes Down

Today was my last day of work until January 9th. Many Kenyans take a long holiday during this time of year, often traveling out of town to visit relatives in outlying villages. We had a staff lunch to celebrate a great year and the upcoming break. Looking around at my co-workers, I was extremely pleased and humbled by the beautiful blessing I've received: working here in Kenya for a year at a faith-based non-government organization in issues of sustainable development. I mean, who does that? Well, currently, I do. My boss, Dan, said he was really going to work me hard next year, wanting me to travel to our various project partners throughout the region to gather stories and take photos. At the end of just 3 1/2 months in Kenya, 2 1/2 at my job, I still feel like I have yet to really begin my work here. I look forward to the upcoming break, especially with my family coming December 21st-January 1st. And yet somehow I already feel rejuvenated and ready to tackle the remaining seven months in Kenya when I return in January. This is how I feel today. May God continue to inspire with the coming of tomorrow.


A random picture of when the volunteers ate at Pampa, a restaurant for meat-lovers, and where we had our staff lunch today.

No comments: