Wednesday, September 21

Bushwhacked

There is a reason you haven’t seen any recent pictures of me: I’m in desperate need of a haircut. And not so much because my hair is incredible long, but more so because I don’t do the required upkeep. It’s like watering plants: I’m less of a maintenance/preventative type, and so I prefer just to fix or take care of something all at once. So I don’t suggest you ever have me take care of your plants, or pet for that matter; maybe even fatherhood’s too risky. Now giving birth, that’s something I could do. But I sidetrack…

Regardless, ever since I arrived here our site-coordinator Phyllis has said she would cut my hair. I’ve subsequently made every effort to schedule myself in for an appointment in her busy day, yet she just doesn’t seem to have time to do it. She strikes me as someone who likes to overfill her plate with things to do simply because she likes trying her hand at new things and staying busy (frankly, not entirely unlike yours truly). So last night I couldn’t wait any longer and as a Man of Action I grabbed some scissors and my friend’s beard-trimmer. After an hour of cutting, yanking and bushwhacking, I was midway thru when the power cut out. I’d been going for a crew cut, and so the scissors had been retired in favor of the beard trimmer, and there just was not enough battery to finish the job. The picture I took does not do justice to the horror left sitting on my head by the forces of good and well-made trimmers. The power is still not back in our house, so luckily I brought a small assortment of hats to 'assuage' the damage.


The picture doesn't do justice to the horror.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would LOVE to see a picture of this hair extravaganza!!! and ps, Vanderbilt is 4-0, who'd of thunk it!!!?!?!?!?!?!?~ my prayers are will you!!!