Wednesday, September 7

Reunion

Today we met back together as a group. It was good to be back together again and to share our family experiences. I’m amazed at how well we seem to bond in such a short time… and we still have at least three more weeks together before going to our sites! Andrea had been very sick over the weekend although was feeling better, and Katie has a cold; otherwise, good health all around so far! I’ll be beginning malaria pills soon, after consulting with a local doctor about all my options. I eagerly await getting our books tomorrow and beginning to learn Swahili. One great blessing here is that the people speak English, making me feel much more like an adult with coherent, meaningful conversations about a variety of topics. And yet there are still much language and culture-isms to be learned/acquired/experienced!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't presume to know more about Africa than you, but I have heard that mosquito nets are quite the necessity in preventing malaria...

greendyke

Anonymous said...

wait, you have malaria????

....WHAT????



ps im now in french IV and spanish I... this could get interesting

pps mr smeader says hello