Thursday, October 6

Computer Crash

Well, it was bound to happen. My beloved HP, Daisy, rescued from certain death under a junk pile in a Davidson corridor, is mentally maimed. While working on my September newsletter last night, the battery quit on me and she hasn't been the same since. Severely handicapped, she apparently has the equivalent of a 1200 mHz processor and 0 Gb hard drive. Through some miracle I was able to get a few key documents off of her before she was admitted to the Kenyan Rehabilitation and Reformatting Theorapy Center (KRRTC) today. She always had the hiccups. Those who know me best know that I was mostly gentle with her. We're not sure at this point if she has a terminal illness or something's wrong with her genetic make-up. Please be praying for a safe and full recovery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww poor dear. im sure it's all serendipity, though.

Emily said...

hah! I can hardly say that I am surprised. Only you would have the courage (and maybe lack of realistic foresight?)to bring a formerly inept computer with you for an entire year to Kenya. ;o)
Yet, so that I dont poke fun too much...of your baby since this Ms Daisy is one of your most important friends right now. ;o)