Wednesday, October 5

A New Routine

Who would have thought my first 9-5 job would be in a different country? Here I find myself adjusting to living in a sparsely-furnished apartment, spending the day at work in front of a computer, then returning home in the evening to cook a meal and veg-out. And then I think: I will be doing this for quite sometime. As much as I think I had desired routine after a month of orientation, I'm already scaring myself with "this is my life" thoughts. Yet already I am discovering the little nuances in life, especially with regards to people. We might all be 'routinized', but no conversation or interaction with a human being is routinized (or should be). So as I go about my day, I'm appreciating the little differences and the exchange I have between persons, knowing that my life is bigger than where I am or what I do... thankfully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Who would have thought my first 9-5 job would be in a different country?"

not only a different country bro... you're on a diff continent.

just thought i'd point that out to ya ;)